I took the decals off of my rivendell quickbeam.  It didn't have the cream
head tube, so it was just a solid green bike, with only the head badge and
it didn't look that different from any other older bike out there.

Lots of people asked me how old it was assuming I had repainted an old
frame.

Sometimes I would see an Atlantis or other riv and even they wouldn't
notice I was on a quickbeam a lot of the time.

I'm just saying that you can still ride a nice bike in a high crime area
and keep it just a bit plainer and keep it under the radar.

I didn't have any phil wood hubs or lighting hub dynamo setups or anything
that would make it stand out.