Like Robert, I haven't ridden your specific route through Gifford Pinchot
National Forest, but I've ridden near there, to the west of your planned
route. Nice riding, but be prepared for the lack of services. Also, I'd
take Mark's advice and ride up to Paradise in Mount Rainier National Park.

Looks like you're choosing to stay on the south side of the Columbia
through the Gorge, which is definitely the better routing. WA 14 on the
north side is busier than you want it to be, and the shoulder width varies
from decent to non-existent.

My only advice would be to take Marine Drive into North Portland, if N
Ainsworth and Vancouver is your final destination. Your routing between
Stark St Bridge and North Portland isn't bad, but Marine Drive is more
scenic if longer.
http://ridewithgps.com/routes/10690194

yours,
Shawn