I had several requests to make an instructional video on ABS quick release
fender clip making. I couldn't figure out how to splice them together into
one, so there are four posts. They cover my thinking on material selection,
strap width, heating the plastic and imagination. I needed a quick release
for the bottom of my Adam bag, so I made one on these videos. Exact same
technique is used in making fender clips. I hope your imaginations run
wild. What else is needed that can be made from ABS? Let me know what you
come up with. So far I have made: A 2" diameter kickstand pad, fender clip
quick releases, a camera case mount, the bag rack clip shown in these
videos, and molded internal frame bag skeletons. I have future, project
thoughts on bikepacking.
Global warming is a serious emergency. I bang the drum loudly. Bike
commuting is something to encourage. It should also be easier and these
projects should help.