Jim, We have a tentative request in for Chino Hills State Park, riding out
of Yorba Linda in December.  Aiming for the 13th which has tentatively been
ok'ed by a couple people so far...

http://www.flickr.com/groups/socal_rivendell_bicycle_appreciation_society/discuss/72157622685585543/

Palos Verdes could work out fine for a '10 ride, work up a route and throw
it into the mix.  We try to do more coastal rides in the warm months, but it
appears we will never have winter again, so it's all warm months now!

On Sat, Nov 21, 2009 at 7:47 PM, James Warren <jimcwar...@earthlink.net>wrote:

> Thanks Chris,
> I'm still working my way back up to strength without hurting the knee. I'm
> hoping to get out there with you one of these weeks. I did think about going
> today but ended up doing a flat 25-miler. Rough rides on "road bikes" are my
> favorites.
>
> This isn't on the epic level of Rough Rider rides, but a good potential So
> Cal RBW Ride one of these months would be a mixed surface ride ending with a
> challenging dirt climb on the Palos Verdes Peninsula. Warning though:
> getting to the ride is about a 20-minute drive from the main freeways, and
> there is no easy way to get to the ride by public transit
>
> -Jim

Cheers,
David
Redlands, CA

"Bicycling is a big part of the future. It has to be. There is something
wrong with a society that drives a car to workout in a gym."  ~Bill Nye,
scientist guy