Hello Bruce and valued member of the Smitham family.

I believe I see you from time to time on Carmel Valley Road between I5 and
the coast.  I am usually returning from science park up in Torrey Pines (in
a car) where I now work after something of a career change.  That's another
topic.   I have seen your father once on Carmel Creek Road (hat under
helmet is pretty unique, but wise if he is dealing with a dermatologist.  I
understand that).   Out on the 56 bikeway I am riding a powder blue Sam
with cream trim and magenta handlebar tape, or my merlot (thought you might
like that) Boulder All Road.  Hugh has road tested the All Road  and seemed
to come away with a good opinion.

I recently returned to gmail and saw some old email about an ebike for
Bruce Sr.   My sincere apology for not being responsive.  If you or your
father would like to try one, let me know, I  have one.  It's not for sale,
so no guile here, but there are ways of watching the sales at TREK and
getting a substantial discount.  I use mine for riding to work and riding
in street clothes without sweating out the bike garb.

I am over in Santa Fe Summit, but way down on the last street before
Gonzales Canyon.  Great access to the canyon but a lung buster to come up
Sword and the rest of the world.  Come on down or i will come up and let's
ride.

Best regards,

Tom