>how much weight will it hold?

70kg. I sat on it ;-)) . It's not long enough to hang a set of panniers, but
I'd be happy to carry whatever I can fit into a rack bag or saddle bag all day.
Version 2.0 will have some holes drilled along the sides to use as lashing
points. The aluminum polishes up nicely, but it does rub off on the bags, so
you might want to wrap it in tape.

Cheers

Steve