The earliest ones were not yet called "standard".  They are circa 1995. Old
decal style, level TT and no HT extension. Shimano dropouts.  Later bikes have
Technociclo dropouts, sloped TT, extended HT and later decals.   Tire size is
always a function of available brakes. As reach improved, GP was able to design
around bigger rubber.  I'm not alone in converting mine to 650B to get more air
space in my tires.  My bike is from 1995. Also repainted, but my painter was
able to source a NOS set of correct decals.

Sent from my iPad