I am thankful to live in a country that is founded with a Constitution that
supports FREEDOMS like SPEECH.  I am thankful for a group of "like-minded"
cyclists who all share a personal conviction and passion for an activity they
love.
I have read the aforementioned article and all corresponding posts and have
experienced a full range of emotions as a result.
My "personal conclusion" is that I am essentially sure we will never achieve:
world peace, an end to the abortion debate, or a helmet wearing consensus.
Yet the passion and conviction all share is the correct point-of-view for each
respective poster. It is their choice and their voice and not my place to
condemn, shame, or persuade them to my perspective.
I am thankful to those who try to educate and pass on wisdom from their own
life experiences without implying that any other perspective is wrong or flawed.
As a teacher for 26 years, most teaching Honors English to 15-16 year old
sophomores I have learned that even very intelligent "future contributing
members of society" have enormously different perspectives on every topic
addressed; yet each feels their view is correct, incorrectly feel the majority
share their point of view(not often the case), and believe that by presenting
their "status quo" beliefs--others will see the light.
As my career wanes I have successfully adopted a new philosophy to challenge
young adults to question everything "authorities" tell them, research both
sides of issues, especially those they are most passionate about, and most
importantly to live a life doing what is best for "themselves" not what others
tell them they should do or be.

Sincerely,
Ryan "heading out for a cold Thankgiving ride in the rain to my wife's dismay"
Hankinson
N. Muskegon, MI