I bought a new walking foot sewing machine, a Sailrite.   After years of
trying to make bike bags with a one hundred dollar Singer, I have found a
bulldozer for a sewing machine.  Love it!  First projects were a tent pole
and Tenkara bags to get used to the machine, the third the Stuinnaker bag.
   I took all the serendipity of Spinnaker bag one, and refined the details
a bit. I beefed up the snap plate by using 1/8" ABS, sized the bag smaller,
added a small front pocket, downsized the zipper and added two straps, one
for my sit pad, the other for load adjustment. I added two side strap
control strips to keep the side compression straps centered.
   It fits my tent and sleeping pad and works great for groceries. I also
made a quick release clear windshield to use when it is really cold to help
keep the wind off my knees and thighs.
   It weighs two ounces less than my small front quick release Wald basket,
one lb. four oz.. The advantages over the basket are many:

   1) Better load control. Loads in the bag are under constant *spring*
loaded compression, keeping everything tight.
   2) No rattles (base of bag is padded).
   3) Greater volume.
   4) Instant attachment to the rack with no added hardware left on the
bike.

   For all 23 photos, see my wall on FaceBook.
https://www.facebook.com/clayton.bailey.980

<https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-XHsDeDiQEU8/VmBtOGd5FdI/AAAAAAAAAG0/XD5yJElO7VY/s1600/IMG_3510.JPG>

<https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-ezzcpa8D-uw/VmBteVWMuyI/AAAAAAAAAG8/rBPo04qYErQ/s1600/IMG_3514.JPG>
   Clayton Bailey