This sort of thing tears at me; on the one hand it sounds fun, but on the other
hand, do I really need another reason/excuse to ride!? Or more significantly
maintain another bike!? Might be fun for people who have some old metal hanging
are & need an excuse to air it out & reminisce with other folks who have fond
selective memories of the "good ole'd days"
Actually,  I have one bike that might qualify with minimal downgrading, luckily
I don't live anywhere near enough to justify going.
Still, good luck to those who go, it will be interesting & fun regardless.