If I may put a plug in for another alternative, it's the Selle
Anatomica either with or without the slot - without the slot, it's
quite cheap, long lasting, and very very comfortable.  They're 70.00
new.  I have found with the Brooks, once they get rained on and molded
into the "wrong" shape, it's hard to get them out of that ridge in the
center shape; but sometimes the rain actually helps break them in.  I
have one that's almost 30 years old, and while it's beat up, it's
quite comfortable; then I have a 2 year old one that was great til it
had the knife blade profile from rain...since then, un changeable.
Contrarily the selle anatomicas were great right out of the box, and
only have gotten better.  The first one I got on ebay has the slot,
and the seller was nice enough to toss in matching leather bar tape;
the next 2 were new and without the slot, and are equally comfortable
right out of the box; and they seem to have a long life span as well.