Kai,

I've debated that. If I were to do that I'd buy a larger pair and hope the
extra width was adequate. With these sized "just right" on me, there is
enough room for my finger to move comfortably, but lobsterizing them would
make them snug -- and as soon as anything gets constricted in cold weather
gear the blood flows less and they lose their heat source. Also, don't
count on them having any stretch. These are solid beasties.

What I've found is that if something is jouncy enough that I need grip AND
steep enough that I need brakes, I have no desire to take it fast enough to
make it so jouncy, so I brake. Jouncy and flat, no need to ride the brakes.
So I haven't been motivated to get a larger pair and experiment. Yet. Grin.

With abandon,
Patrick