I just want to report that I was fortunate enough to acquire this bike a
few weeks back, and I may not have pulled the trigger on this one if it
wasn't for the exhortations of those who contributed to this thread.  So,
thank you, and thanks to Surylyprof for the PSA.
What with the holidays and all, I've only taken the bike out once, or I
should say that it took me out and led me all over SF.  I discovered
multiple positions on the bars, including leaning forward on my elbows akin
to ordering a beer at a bar.  The bike is awesome, if a little difficult to
get in the front door.
--Andy C.