Sorry, I have had similar experience,  mostly sorted out now, but a few
questions.
What gear set up?
What size bike?
The downside of really long chain stays and long bikes in general is a lack of
rigidity,  I have little problem with my medium Clementine, it's pretty stout (
considering), but a large might be proportionally longer and the bottom bracket
could deflect enough under load to get ghost shifting.
you might check derailleur adjustment,  you've done enough miles now that cable
stretch & overall seating of housing should be mostly over.
One more thing to check would be the retention ring for the cassette, if it's
not tight enough the cassette could be shifting slightly under load.
personally I feel like the Sun race shifters are so nice and I wonder how much
it would take for them to just go ahead & make them Shimano index compatible.
Or why can't Shimano just make thumb shifters again! My old Deore XT thumb
shifters were SO nice! The rapid fire shifters work fine when they are new, but
they get sloppy real fast. I am fixing a buddy of mines bike right now because
his front shifter is not working properly; he took it to the local mega bike
shop & they told him his chain was worn, sold him a new chain & told him his
cassette needed changing too! None of that really, just stupid rapid fire
shifters.
sorry ranted off topic there! ;-)