on 11/30/09 6:31 AM, jpp at paste...@notes.udayton.edu wrote:

> I feel like I remember reading somewhere awhile ago that the atlantis
> replacement would be called the buffalo???  Not sure where I read
> this, but that is how I remember it.

The only place I recall seeing the "Buffalo" name was in the extra-stout
frameset project which shifted over to CoMotion. This was in RR#34, and I
think there was also a short, follow-up article.

> I am curious what kinds of
> differences it will have from the Sam H.  especially if they are
> increasing the tire clearance on the Sam.  I realize the atlantis has
> slightly heavier tubing and will have a toyo built fork.  Maybe
> fancier lugs and paint?

It seems as if the Hillborne was envisioned to sit between the Hilsen and
the Atlantis. A wee bit stouter than Homer, but not quite as heavy-duty as
the world-travelling Atlantis.

Hard to guess about specifics of paint and lugs.  According to GP's Holiday
Email, it seems as though things are still in flux.

http://www.cyclofiend.com/rbw/emn/emn112709.html

- Jim

--
Jim Edgar
cyclofi...@earthlink.net

Cyclofiend Bicycle Photo Galleries - http://www.cyclofiend.com
Current Classics - Cross Bikes
Singlespeed - Working Bikes

Send In Your Photos! - Here's how: http://www.cyclofiend.com/guidelines

"That which is overdesigned, too highly specific, anticipates outcome; the
anticipation of outcome guarantees, if not failure, the absence of grace."

William Gibson - "All Tomorrow's Parties"