I added a bunch of pics to my gallery on my '88 Schwinn KOM Project-10:
https://plus.google.com/photos/109817667934112590257/albums/5930329788956113873

The gallery starts at my acquisition of this bike 2.5 years ago (for $75,
score!), and progresses from there.  Most recent pics are at the bottom.
 Sorry for the lousy quality of the recent pics; the weather is bitterly
cold and I'm not often home during good daylight.

*Quick history*: the '88 KOM was actually the '86-87 Paramountain frame,
but they changed it to a Schwinn (without Ned Overend's name on it) after
Ned left for Specialized.
It's full Tange Prestige tubing, with investment cast lugs, made in
Greenville, MS (presumably, in whatever Richard Schwinn set up as a
southern approximation of "the cage" from the Chicago plant).  It had a
great red/white/blue "Captain America" paint job, which Paramount brought
back for the '91 PDG Series 90.
It has NORBA race geometry: 71 head angle, 74 seat angle, high BB, short
chain stays, long top tube.  It has U-brakes on the chainstays; they aren't
terrible with Kool-stop pads, but aren't great either and they constrain
the tire to 2.1".

*New pics*:
The pics uploaded today showing the bare frame on the nice wood table were
taken at my friends' new bike shop, Goldfinch Cyclery.  They show the new
powdercoat (clear, with a little sparkle).  You can see the brazing work
pretty clearly under the clear coat.

The pics previous to these show the frame completely bare after blasting
(taken in the back shop at the LBS I work for).  I had the original paint
blasted off last year because it had some deep scratches and was developing
some new rust spots.  My friend, Andy, brazed on some rack and fender
eyelets and then I had the blaster clean up after his work.  Another friend
shot it with a couple light coats of clear auto paint; this coat looked
invisible but consequently proved mostly invisible to rust.  Ergo, I had
the frame blasted and powder coated last month.

The following pics (bad sun angle on ugly yellow siding) show it rebuilt.
 The bike weighed only 27 pounds in that basic configuration!

Last night, I finished the build by adding fenders, dynamo lights, rear
rack, front bag (with basic tool/flat kit), reflectors, computer, and
kickstand.  Now, it weighs 34 pounds (shown in the most recent pics, with
low lighting in front of some dreary snow).

*Build*:
The fenders are P65 Longboards.  I think the Longboard P65s are only
slightly longer than the non-Longboard version of the same fenders (maybe a
little longer in front of the fork), but they do include nice ducktail mud
flaps.

The tires are 26 x 2.1" /559-54 Thunder Burt Liteskins (395 g), with tubes.

The wheels are a set I bought from a German e-tailer.  They're Mavic 317
32h rims laced to an XT T780 hub in the rear and T780 dynamo hub in front.
 This wheelset was machine-built, I'm sure, but didn't need much tensioning
or truing.  I'm using a 9-speed 11-34 cassette.

The dynamo light is a B&M IQ Cyo Premium T senso plus (80 lux).  I mounted
it to the threaded eyelet on the left side of the M12 rack, using a
Sheldon's nut.  I haven't ridden with this light yet; I'll report back on
its performance compared to the Luxos U, which I use on two other bikes.
 The tail light is a B&M Topline Plus.  I glued the dynamo wires to the
fork and downtube with Shoe Goo (held flat to dry by zip ties that I
removed later); I'm curious to see how it holds up.

The rear rack is a Tubus Logo Evo, and it's excellent.  I like how the
pannier frames are lower and rearward. They protect the dynamo light, and
they help the panniers clear my big feet.  The chainstays on this bike are
only 17"/43 cm; it has NORBA race geometry.

Some original components remain; the seat post is Suntour XC, and the
48/38/26 Biopace crankset, headset, and brakes are Deore XT M730 (new
Kool-stop pads).

I built this bike up for riding on gravel and dirt roads as well as
commuting.  I changed out the original flat bar cockpit for Nitto B135
Randonneurs, and used a Nitto Dirt Drop 8 cm stem to counter the massive
24"/61 cm top tube and so I can ride in the drops.
Unfortunately, this short stem seems to make the front end handle a little
loose.  Probably just not enough weight on the front wheel.
I've wiped out my front wheel on occasion when trying to take twisty turns
on loose surfaces, like singletrack.  But that's not this bike's mission
(just an occasional dalliance).  I've considered changing back to a longer
stem and some rear-swept bars like Jones Loops or Albastache, but I really
like the low/forward riding position.  I just wish the top tube were 2
inches shorter so I could ride it even more comfortably in that position.

I'm using Tektro TRP RRL black/alloy brake levers, a Shimano 9-speed
right/rear bar-end and a Rivendell Silver left/front bar-end.

*In my bike stable*:
The KOM (built with drop bars) was my primary gravel road bike until I
bought a Foundry Auger (carbon frame cyclocross disc-brakes) this August.
 The Foundry is much faster and more nimble, which makes sense considering
it's only 65% of the KOM's weight (22 lbs ride-ready compared to 34 lbs)
and fits me better.

The KOM definitely provides a more comfortable ride than my carbon Foundry;
that bike is very stiff and it beat me up until I adapted and rode out of
the saddle more on bumpy stuff.

The KOM will live on as a commuter and tourer; it's easier to load up with
the new eyelets.  It's still relatively fast and a lot of fun to ride
around town; the KOM seems to like it when I bunny hop curbs and stuff on
my commute, where my Riv prefers to cruise fast and smooth.

Cheers,
Tim Gavin
Cedar Rapids, IA