So I got this DT shifter clamp (
http://www.viacomponents.co.uk/via-down-tube.html) to put on my Sam so I
can use Silver DT shifters on it because I want to try DT shifting.

Anyway, it is a VIA brand clamp. Looks just like the Problem Solvers
version (http://problemsolversbike.com/products/downtube_shifter_mount1),
but it is all silver colored.

Here's the problem:

When I put on the DT shifter tab washer (
http://www.rivbike.com/product-p/sh17.htm), the post of the clamp it goes
on is too tall, so it moves side to side freely on the post instead of
sitting flat up against the clamp. When I mount the DT shifter on the post,
I put the shifter with regular Silver washer on it like I'm supposed to (
http://www.rivbike.com/product-p/sh16.htm), and it butts up against the
clamp post end before making contact with the tab washer.

When mounted, the shifters move great. But the tab washer ( (
http://www.rivbike.com/product-p/sh17.htm)) slides side to side on the
clamp post.

I tried to use a bar end pod washer (
http://www.rivbike.com/product-p/sh21space.htm) instead of the DT washer,
but that doesn't work with the DT shifter, despite what PS website pics
show.

So, it looks like the DT shifter will run fine installed without the tab
washer (http://www.rivbike.com/product-p/sh17.htm), , just mounted against
the boss end with the silver shifter washer up against it. Seems to move
fine that way, *but what happens if I run the shifter without the tab
washer that stops the lever rotation? *Do I just have to be careful not to
move it too far when I shift, or will the lever spin out?

Thanks for any info.

I might get the Norma clamp one on ebay since it has been reported here
that it works good with the silver dt shifters.

Anyone have a 31.8 dt shifter clamp they want to part with?