On Friday, February 5, 2016 at 4:53:19 PM UTC-8, Daniel Jackson wrote:

> How often do folks service SON28s?
>
> People don't service them.  The hub was designed for 50,000km with zero
service.  Bike shops can't service them.  You can send the hub back to
Germany for service.  The hub needs to be removed from the wheel for
service (no spokes, no rim).

Peter White's page tells that story, in his inimitably wordy style.  Here's
a link to his page:  http://www.peterwhitecycles.com/schmidt.asp

I own three Schmidt hubs and have never had them serviced.  I own two
Shutter Precision hubs and have never had them serviced.

Bill Lindsay
El Cerrito, CA