In a message dated 12/3/2009 6:28:07 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
joelmatth...@mac.com writes:

The  Challenge tread also seems a bit more fragile than the RP/RT and
> is  prone to get more cuts, though the cuts I've gotten so far are
> shallow  and haven't gone through the casing (as far as I can tell).

Based on  everything I have read, Challenge tires have excellent
components and  craftsmanship.  If you only ride on pavement, the tread
at most  establishes trade dress.

Here's my experience with the Challenge tire: Had my first flat (slow leak
due to road grit) at 785 miles on the rear tire. Put a kevlar liner on the
rear  and have ridden an additional 572 miles without a flat on either tire.
All  miles, except for 8 miles of gravel roads, were on paved, although at
time,  roughly paved roads. The tread on both tires still looks excellent.

In my opinion, the Challenge tire is the best tire I have ever ridden on.
It's unbelievably comfortable, fast, and the durability, admittedly after
only  1357 miles, is acceptable.

Bill
Louisville, Ky