I've put on probably 400 miles on my Big Ones (all urban commuting) and they
seem stout enough to me, at least when run as tubeless. I had ridden Super
Motos before and while a quality, serviceable tire, the Big One is much more
supple and easy rolling, even with the Snakeskin sidewall. It does seem like
the tread compound is a bit less grippy and also they seem to be more finicky
with pressure. They handle a bit oddly if underinflated. All in all, they seem
like a great choice to me for a reasonably durable tire that is actually really
fun to ride. They key to it all is running it tubeless, I'm pretty sure.I wish
that Compass would make the Rat Trap Pass in 700C because I'm sure it'd be even
better, but it seems like the best of the lot right now, if you can fit it.