On Dec 3, 9:34 am, Shawn <sa240...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I have been thinking of making my Hilsen
> more of a roadish type bike to use on week-end rides with my friends
> on our smooth local MUP.
<snip>
> Is the Rambouillet a better road bike than the Hilsen?

I don't think so.  The Rambouillet has about 5mm less of the exact
same tubing per fork end; which makes it less adaptable, should you
decide to switch back to larger tires.

 http://search.bikelist.org/getmsg.asp?Filename=saluki.10502.0058.eml

I'd strip it down, build a relatively light wheelset and use great
tires if I wanted a dedicated go-fast bike.

John McMurry
Burlington, VT