Has anyone 650B'd a Sam Hill? If so, how fat a tire can it fit? And, next,
does Compass (or anyone else) make a tire in that size and in an "extra
light" casing?

More precisely: with 584s, how fat a tire can you get into a SH without
fenders, and #2, how fat with fenders?

50 mm, if the tire is supple, is (IME) a sort of sweet turning point for
tire width, at least for the sandy soils I ride in, and 584 is close enough
to 622 that I expect I'd find much of the same improvement over 559 wheels.
(I rode the '03 with 29 mm Elk Passes on our acequia roads yesterday, warm
weather drying the soil and breaking it up into sand, and, while I got
through, it wasn't exactly fun.)

I ask because a 56 SH with 50 or 60 mm tires would be an wonderful "road
bike for dirt." I owned a stt 56 SH, and though I didn't like it for road
riding (it felt doggy, even with Green Jack Browns) I would love one for
dirt if it could accept fatter tires.

And I ask because at the 6-month point, I've still not gotten my custom
Matthews "road bike for dirt" and I want to prepare for alternatives.

On Fri, Mar 4, 2016 at 3:09 PM, Bruce Smitham <wineh...@gmail.com> wrote:

> For sale is is my 56cm Rivendell Sam Hillborne (double top tube). I just
> don't ride this bike with the others that I have. It's in excellent to new
> condition. It works perfectly without any issues whatsoever. So here is the
> list of parts: Wheelset is Shimano LX hubs (front is Dynamo), DT Swiss
> spokes to Mavic A319 rims 36 spoke count front & rear. The pictures show
> Schwalbe Marathon Supreme 40mm but I'm selling it with the Bruce Gordon
> Rock & Roads 43mm (see one of the photos). Sugino triple carnk (175mm arms)
> with 26/36/46 rings, Wipperman Connex 9speed SS chain, Shimano XT front &
> rear derailleur, Shimano XT 12/34 cassette, Nitto Albatross handlebars,
> Nitto Technomic stem, Shimano MTN brake levers, Shimano Dura Ace 9speed
> bar-end shifters, Meisha's cork grips, Zefal frame pump, Nitto 65 seatpost,
> WTB Pure V saddle, B&M Luxus B headlight, B&M taillight, Nitto lampholder,
> Nitto Marks front rack with double stays, Nitto R-14 rear rack, VP 001 gold
> pedals, Pletcher kickstand, Tektro R559 long reach brake calipers. I don't
> think I missed anything. I'd like to get $2,200 plus shipping CONUS
> complete and $1,950 plus shipping CONUS without front & rear racks.
> Pictures below:
>
> https://flic.kr/s/aHskse5MBA
>
> Let me know if you have any questions.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Bruce in San Diego (310) 968-6910

Other professional writing services.
http://www.resumespecialties.com/
Patrick Moore
Alburquerque, Nouvelle Mexique,  Vereinigte Staaten
*The point which is the pivot of the norm is the motionless center of a
circumference on which all conditions, distinctions, and individualities
revolve. *Chuang Tzu

*Stat crux dum volvitur orbis.* *(The cross stands motionless while the
world revolves.) *Carthusian motto

*It is *we *who change; *He* remains the same.* Eckhart

*Kinei hos eromenon.* (*It moves [all things] as the beloved.) *Aristotle