Thanks for the welcomes!

I've only recently discovered the virtues of steel bikes, I've been steadily
testing my wife's patience.  Having acquired a new plastic (I call it that in a
derogatory manner, but it is pretty nice) Ridley Fenix and two beautiful Eddy
Merckx steel bikes (MX Leader and a well used Corsa Extra fixed gear) in the
last six months, I had been looking for a low priced Trek 614 frame set  to
convert into a rando bike.  I then stumbled upon this for only $650, which
although a great deal was much more than I promised my wife that I would spend
"for my last bike for a long time".

Anyway, now I'm trying to justify spending a good amount on a bag.  The Acorns
certainly look nice, but I'm not certain that I'm sold on them vs the Berthoud.
 There doesn't seem to be a giant cost difference, and it seems there are many
long term owners of the GB that claim they remain waterproof for a long time.
That is very important to me.

That being said, I'm trying to keep an open mind.  Rene, once I can figure out
the email offline thing on my phone, I'll hit you up and discuss the Acorn.

Thanks again.  I'm excited to be in this group!

P.S. -  Anyone have any idea what year range my bike may be?