Followups:

Cheryl; It was not too bad, but I definitely understand why they had closed
the road. The worst part of the descent was simply having to take it easy
and get much colder than I would've otherwise since it took longer (I had
full wind protection for the descent).

Brad, Manuel, David; I'm glad you enjoyed the photos, we're lucky to have
such wonderful bicycles... Not to get overly contemplative, but often I feel
as though my rides are symbiotic affairs between my bike, camera, and self.
Each encourages the other.

George; Living in Nebraska for many years, I was forced to learn to use my
framing to maximize the quality of a given situation. The limits to scenery
composition there forced me to think about it. I've never studied still
photography, but my father is a cinematographer and the lessons were passed
down. Your commendation means much. Since you mentioned a pinhole camera,
I'll offer a modern method I've enjoyed as a thanks. Using a fine drill bit,
you can thin the center of the stock lens cap of any DSLR. Use a pin to
finish the job, and you can use that to get close (some replace the middle
with a metal patch to improve the 'lens'). I've made one and carry it in my
bag; though I rarely use it, it is something to consider if you can
appreciate the technique as it only adds a couple grams to your kit.

Cheers to all, and let's keep enjoying the wintry weather. I know it's
coming down heavy elsewhere right now!

erik

>>> www.campyonly.com
>>> www.wheelsnorth.org
>>>

>>> On Dec 8, 2009, at 12:25 AM, erik jensen wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi RBWers,
>>>
>>> The Atlantis and I took off this afternoon for a spin up a snow-covered
>>> Mt. Diablo. The variety of colors and light up there today were quite
>>> unique, and it was wonderful to get just a bit of snow riding in out here in
>>> CA.
>>>
>>> Post here;
>>> http://bikenoir.blogspot.com/2009/12/snow-on-mt-diablo.html
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>>
>>> erik
>>> --
>>> berkeley, ca
>>> bikenoir.blogspot.com
>>>
>>> --
>>>

>> --
>> berkeley, ca
>> bikenoir.blogspot.com
>>
>> --

> Cheers,
> David
> Redlands, CA
>
> "Bicycling is a big part of the future. It has to be. There is something
> wrong with a society that drives a car to workout in a gym."  ~Bill Nye,
> scientist guy
>
>  --

berkeley, ca
bikenoir.blogspot.com