Yeah, the long stay (limo stay?) models (as opposed to long tail, which
have the same or greater need) take a long chain. But I'm not getting how a
triple has much to do with it. It would be determined based on your
big/big, irregardless of how many cogs in back or rings in front. Which I
guess these days could mean a 53 up front with a 50 in back...that might
even require an extra link or two on a non-stretch bike! My Clementine has
the tiny stock 38/24 double and it still needs extra links.