Racers have the correct reach for a 700c to 650b conversion --- if your
700c Riv had relatively tight clearance.
For example, my Riv Road Standard barely was designed for short-reach
brakes and barely cleared a 700 x 28 tire.  The 57-67 mm reach of the Paul
Racer is perfect for this application.
If your Riv has the clearance for a tire larger than a Jack Brown, then the
Racers may not have enough reach.

To be sure, you can measure your Riv.
http://www.sheldonbrown.com/calipers.html
Add 19 mm* to your measured reach. (*difference in radius between 700c/622
and 650b/584)
If this number is between 57 and 67 mm, the Racer should work.

FYI, the Tektro R559/Silver brake has 55-73 mm reach (a bit more if you
need it) and Dia Compe 810s have 81 mm max reach.