Just another data point:

I'm 5'10"-ish, 90-ish PBH, and I ride a 61 Atlantis.  This gives me a
fistful of seatpost, and I run Albastache bars on a shorter stem
(50cm?).

I'm pretty comfortable on this, but could probably do a 58 just as
well.  I think there is only 0.5cm difference in top-tube length
between the 58 and 61...at least, there used to be.  It probably
depends on the vintage.

The biggest issue might be standover clearance, as I (and my 90 PBH)
don't have a great deal to spare with the Little Big Bens on my bike.
If your PBH is 85, you'd really be cutting it close on a 61.

Mark