24# Hillborne!?  Now you've got me considering a 2x8 or even 1x8
drivetrain.  What wheels are you using?  Loved the description of your dirt
road custom.  That would be an awesome bike.  Upping the clearances for a
2.0 tire would be great.  Rear tire clearance and the bottom bracket drop
have been my only reservations on my Summer Break Sam.  Truly love the bike
but have scraped a few pedals with the lower bottom bracket.  Would love
one of those 650b Hunqs Grant was hinting at in the Blug.  With that as an
N+1, I'd strip the Sam down considerably.

Thanks for the response.
John