While the previously mounted Schwalbe Marathons are tops in terms of
durability and reliability (i.e. they're bomb-proof), the Compass tires
easily outclass them in terms of pure ride quality. Between weighing
roughly two lbs less per set and being constructed of much more supple
casing, I am finding all the praise Compass tires get regarding speed and
comfort to be justified. FYI for those interested, my calipers measure the
week-old set at about 40.5 mm.

My only other tire comparison in 650b would be the Soma B-line, which is
essentially a 38mm Pasela. The Marathons and B-lines would serve as great
tires for many practical applications, but this new set of Babyshoe Pass
tires has me simultaneously riding faster AND enjoying the ride much more.

Will report back on these tires after a few months of zipping around on
mixed terrain...