René,

Thanks for the thoughts.  I'm not too worried about messing with my cockpit
for a while.  Until I live with it for a while, I have not way of knowing
whether any potential change is a real need for that change or just a lack
of adaptation on what is already there.  Because of that, at least to begin
with, I would like to get everything fixed in such a way that it is easier
to leave it as it is and adapt to it than to change it just because it is
easy.  I need to ensure any reason for change is real and not just imagined.

Thanks for the Compass bar mention, too.  I like it and have put the
Compass Randonneur 440mm on my tentative build list.

Tim