I ride a drop bar on the road and a Choco Normal on an otherwise identical
bike in the city -- and switch between them nearly daily. I suggest you try
it --  one bike with drops and another with an upright. Though my tendency
with uprights is to set them maybe just a couple of inches above where my
drops are, really -- fairly level with my saddle, I guess. For sure not
crazy low like you see all those "cafe racers" and whatnot ... but nowhere
near what happens with a Riv Tallux stem and Boscos, which, already have a
significant rise built into their design. The Alba's have worked for me in
the past, too: great bar, plenty of position and rise. I tried the Choco's
just 'cause they looked a little cooler and fit my desire for not so much
of an upright position.

I find that uprights are just so damn comfortable for meandering and
commuting -- a bike set up like that really brings a smile to my face,
like, daily. But I wouldn't want to take it out on the road for 2 to 3
hours (or more) at a stretch.

There I feel exactly the same about a well-fit drop bar bike!

I love riding bikes.