Reed:

I have a lower trail fork on my Atlantis.  The stock one is 65 mm.  The
custom is 40 mm.  While the difference is noticeable, it is subtle and not
huge.  It was exactly what I was looking for, in fact.  Like others, I
prefer front loading.

Chris makes a valid point.  The low trail is part of the Rambler design,
whereas my approach is a modification.  "Designed in" is usually preferable
to "tacked on".  Since a bike's designer must take into account all the
parameters of tubing dia., wall thickness, angles, etc., a complete
approach is optimal.  OTH, simply changing the fork on my Atlantis has
improved it for my purposes.

dougP