I'm with you, Bill.  But based on those other rumored sizes, it sure seems
promising that a 56 or 57 might be in the works.  I've complained so loud
and for so long about that size being missing (I even had a pre-sale locked
in when the model first came out, but backed out over concerns), that I'm
afraid I'll have no choice but to put my money where my mouth is and buy
one.   Looks like I need to think about selling some bikes...

Brings up a question for you, specifically, though:  As you'll remember
helping me analyze, I felt like I had the exact same
falling-in-between-sizes issue with the 55 & 58 Appaloosas. But in that
case I think I'd have leaned toward the larger one, with the bike being
slightly more road than trail oriented.   How come you got the 55, and what
do you think of the fit, now that you have it?

Regarding the Hunqapillar, the increased clearance news is good to hear
too!  I suppose that if they didn't increase that, but DID lengthen the
chainstays even more, it would start to have too much overlap with the
Appaloosa.  This keeps it unique and even more trail-ready.   *One thing I
really hope happens is longer fork legs!*   I don't know if this is for
sure the case with the current Hunquapillar (maybe Patrick can comment)
but, on my 700c Clem which supposedly has a Hunquapillar fork, the
axle-to-crown height is far and away the most limiting dimension in terms
of what size tire I can fit.  Especially with fenders.   Width could
probably accommodate a 2.8" tire, but the height just barely takes a 2.3.