That's the way I see it. It's a fun and versatile all-rounder of a bike,
not a traditional road-touring bike the way most tandems seem to be. That
said, I do wonder how it would ride with some nice plump Compass Switchback
Hills on it ....

 >>I believe Grant has suggested the lower profile Chocos for the captain
and Boscos for the stoker as being one good choice for this bicycle.

I think it's actually the other way around, with the Chocos for the stoker.
I could also see a moustache or albastache bar being great for the rear
position.

Personally, I don't know if I'll ever go back to drops on any of my bikes.
It's funny - of all the bars I've tried, I found them to provide by far the
least degree of control. Mind you, I did grow up riding MTBs rather than
road bikes.

KJ