I don't know about the Rodeo sales but there are a lot of Rambouillets,
which was the preceding road bike.  I run the 28 mm compass tires on mine
and agree that it downhills absolutely fabulously.  It's a great bike on
any not too too rough a surface.  I would add, however that my '84 Trek
620, which has a nearly identical geometry to the Ram but standard guage
531c tubes and now runs 38mm parimoto tires  is every bit as good a ride
and better on bad chip & seal or gravel roads.

Michael