That's great, Eric - so it should only take me about 8  hours.

   Seriously, I am curious about one thing. You have a Sacks but  you use
the Quickbeam for brevets. Don't get me wrong, I have a QB and  absolutely
love the bike but find it doable, but hard, to ride a Kentucky  century on. We
average approximately 5,000 feet for the average 100 miler -  which is
probably not much different than your part of California. Having ridden  PBP on
the single speed QB - I take my hat off to you - you're obviously a  strong
rider but why not ride the "easier" bike? Is it the lack of fenders or
fatter tires or is it simply the challenge or what?

   Just curious,
   Bill
   Louisville, Ky

In a message dated 12/20/2009 10:45:10 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,