A couple of things I noticed:

Rio Olympic sized-bottles didn't stay in the cages very well...you'd think
bottles would have a standard diameter but apparently not...bottles popping
out all over the place

Norwegian rider's seatpost bolt snapped , saddle slid down into the frame,
necessitating a bike change

Japanese rider on a Bridgestone...yes, a Bridgestone

Thank goodness that young woman who crashed is conscious, but what a
fearsome price to pay...Garth is right, racing at that level is
unbelievably demanding and you have to admire the courage of these athletes
who really put everything on the line. There is an epic quality to the
sport which goes way beyond nuts and bolts and chemistry