Interesting movement from wool. I wonder what people prior to 1900 did for
warmth.

I started wearing thin wool in summer because, after breaks/stops during
rides while wearing cotton, the cotton garment would stick to me from
sweat. Riding off with a sticky shirt is no fun. The wool stays dry during
breaks, so when I ride off I feel dry and not yucky.

For winter, wool works great for me. J&G rainjacket over the shirts keeps
the wintry blasts out, yet allows dryness with the vents and pit zips. I
stay toasty and dry. But never have I found a cure for spasming thighs and
sore knees, from the wintery blasts they suffer while I am riding. They act
up after about 30 miles in winter. Knee warmers helped last year.