On Sat, Aug 13, 2016 at 6:01 AM, Patrick Moore <bertin...@gmail.com> wrote:

> After reading a couple of other responses: my complaint is only about the
> Sports (well, and the rod braked roadster, Indian version). Sprites are
> fine; I'm sure that a Raleigh Superbe would be different, too. Hell, even
> my Schwinn Collegiate felt less awkward than my Sportses.
>
> Patrick "That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it" Moore
>
> On Sat, Aug 13, 2016 at 6:59 AM, Patrick Moore <bertin...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Well, I stand by my impression, over several of them.
>>
>> I'm not complaining about the Sprite; I owned 2 of those, and though
>> cheap, they didn't feel awkward like my Sportses did.

Well, I still stand by my impressions too, after riding 3 Sports-type
Raleighs! ;-P

Though I am still curious what exactly makes them "ungainly" in your
opinion. And why a Sprite, which is pretty much a Sports/Suberbe/LTD frame,
though many came with a 5 or 10 speed derailleur setup (and later models
switched to 27 inch wheels), feels less ungainly than a Sports. Or why a
Collegiate feels less awkward than a Sports, since many people feel that
the lugged Raleigh frames are lighter and "sportier" than the Chicago
eletroforged frames.

-Shawn