No one is gunna claim their tires don't grip in the rain, especially if
they live in Seattle.  I don't think these tires have bad grip, for what
they are, but Paselas have way more grip, in my experience.  Paselas are
also slower feeling, and as the saying goes, there's no free lunch.  Gotta
give up something.  One just has to be aware of limitations, with any
equipment.