Well certainly in agreement that $2700 is pretty rich for that Atlantis.
Especially if you don't like any of the offered components on it now and
would change them out.

I think Grant is very good at marketing his bikes as he speaks to his love
of his products.  I've noticed he refers to many of them as "most
comfortable", "none better", and other glowing terms.  This is NOT a
criticism but trying to glean what he holds as a Rivendell "best bike"
would be like naming one of your kids as your favorite.