He sent me the pictures also.  The serial number needs one more digit.  He
says he's had it 4 or 5 years, but nothing on prior history.  I got mine in
early '03 & sn is AT0519.  My wife's has a dim past but hers is AT0488, but
we know it spent a lot of its life in storage.  So AT039x is likely '02 at
the latest.  Granted, an Atlantis ages well but a 14 year old bike is 14
years old.  Larry sorta glosses over things, never answered my fender
question, and then put on the hustle about "pennies a day for what you
want" and wheeling & dealing at the end of the month.

In the new pictures it does appear to be the correct color.  I notice it
also has mid fork eyelets (Tubus Duo won't work otherwise).  Grant is
loathe to drill holes in his forks so that was a post factory mod.

dougP