The weather here in the lower Hudson Valley was spectacular. My 6-year-old
and I did our
regular thing on Sunday, down to the farmers market and river park on the
two-seater, via
mostly trail, then a stop along Fishkill Creek on the way back to town.

There was a crew from something called the Clipperton Project paddling 5
canoes down the
Hudson,  and carving oars, spoons, and bowls from driftwood a la G.P.along
the way! They
started up at the locks near Troy.

At the creek on the way back, I took a refreshing plunge into one of the
rock pools just
below the falls. Mack was satisfied with dipping his toes. The camera
accidentally got
switched to vivid for the shot of the tandem, but that actually shows the
Santana color
closer to true.

Monday we took solo rigs to the Stewart Airport buffer zone. About 100
yards into the trail,
we saw a hunter. Got the scoop that squirrel and goose season started Sept.
1, so we decided
to stick to the wider gravel and dirt roads that wind through rather than
do our regular
loop, which includes lots of woodsy not so technical single track. (He said
squirrel
skinned, quartered and cooked in the crockpot were tasty, but they were not
so easy to bag;
being so...squirrely.) We spotted a butterfly that appeared to be injured
in some way, and
Mack ran over a small black snake which apparently, hopefully was none the
worse after the
encounter.

Today is back to the fall schedule. In about an hour he and I will head
over the Newburgh
Beacon bridge with yet another configuration, the Clementine with Piccolo
attached. We'll
meet the bus with his mom for his first day as a first grader. Summer is
unofficially over!

More photos here:
https://goo.gl/photos/MDqSpqudtCfVm8Jy5

<https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-kqHaHt6MawA/V86j8NeZH2I/AAAAAAAAHnE/2BuXoX6qGS4DWtsRxklt8wa5j3Y6N9iFQCLcB/s1600/IMG_1006.JPG>

<https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-pG330ZsU8yw/V86j3GVotiI/AAAAAAAAHnA/sIagh47Jtp8IlxbJ5v_pa3MQ60h-cMhOACLcB/s1600/IMG_0987.JPG>

<https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-Y91DQfQuvkc/V86jn5Wr-vI/AAAAAAAAHm4/aCU_F5utlr4VZZHYfxaomoX4Sfo5TpjCQCLcB/s1600/IMG_0944.JPG>

<https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-SD3UErRO2vU/V86jt6X0ioI/AAAAAAAAHm8/EeLRsiL9fzM9X04WrEQaKniTPXOdqgjXwCLcB/s1600/IMG_0964.JPG>

<https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-UtwEi4-GR_I/V86kDsino-I/AAAAAAAAHnI/FZQSUHUd7ZQCkwRAj2F98Vy1YWzmm3icwCLcB/s1600/IMG_0970.JPG>

<https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-Y91DQfQuvkc/V86jn5Wr-vI/AAAAAAAAHm4/aCU_F5utlr4VZZHYfxaomoX4Sfo5TpjCQCLcB/s1600/IMG_0944.JPG>
(Apologies for any duplicate posts or formatting--google was acting
strangely this morning.)