For a city-commuter bike , the tourguard feature is not a terrible idea,
and if you get a folding version , the  tire rides quite nicely and is not
super heavy.

My experience with the 3 sets of compass tires (26 X 1.5 McClure Pass
standard...don't think extralight is even an option and 700 X 32 Stampede
Pass extralight) is that they do have a lovely supple ride but you
sacrifice durability to get this. The McClures have flatted twice in 3-400
kilometers of commuting and...dare I say this...I am fairly lucky when it
comes to flats...sometimes I've even gone a season or 2 without flats ... a
season being maybe 2500-3500 kilometers. You high-mileage guys will laugh,
but  l still think  that the Paselas are excellent tires and I've been
using Tourguard versions for at least 10 years. The Compass tires Jan makes
are a great product but not perhaps  the best in terms of flat protection
for the mean streets of Winnipeg . To be fair I don't think that was Jan's
intent.