On 09/16/2016 01:36 AM, drew wrote:
I have Paul centerpulls on my sam. Stopping power is very good, though I never
hated the 559's. The Pauls are better but only marginally. They excel in looks
though

Drew, what do you mean by "stopping power"?

I ask this because for at least a decade I listened to disc brake advocates talk about better braking power in puzzlement because in my experience except for rims wet by rain, braking power is limited by traction, i.e. tire adhesion, and it turns out that wasn't what they were talking about at all, it was how hard you have to squeeze the brake lever to get a given amount of retardation. Talk about misunderstanding and miscommunication!