I don't use friction with 10 speed. Too fiddly especially when tired. That
is not a function of the type of friction shifter though.

For friction I use 8 speed drivetrains and for that the silvers are great.
They don't slip if treated right. I am still amazed a bike shop can't make
them work. Maybe they had a dud.

Clayton Scott,
SF