I receive some of what Marc describes so well, but I also draw the ire of
CF riders whose bikes cost multiples of what mine did yet it is my bike
that is singularly noted and complimented by other riders. CF, low spokes
wheels and electric shifting have become the uniform backdrop against which
my Rivendell stands out.

I rode a community event here a few weeks ago and gravitated toward a fella
on a Merckx Corsa TSX in 7-11 red and green with a full Mavic group,
including BB, cranks, HS, stem, bars, brakes and levers. We struck up a
nice conversation and rode the metric century together. We collected many
overt compliments and attention from others in the sea of that new normal.

There is a groundswell of practical bikes with fenders, lights, bags and
racks beginning to show in the streets and roads lately. Bike shops being
businesses are either welcoming that interest or turning away new
customers.

Andy Cheatham
Pittsburgh