I concur with Tim.  Eastern Kansas is anything but flat and actually Kansas
continues to be hilly all the way through the Smokey Hills in West Central
Kansas. The Wicked Wilson Gravel Ride (Russell, KS) was the most climbing
I've ever encountered outside of Colorado.  There are plenty of flat
prairies, don't get me wrong, but the terrain varies greatly across the
state.Anyway, I live near the Country Club Plaza and work in Olathe, so I
too am about 30-40 min. east of Lawrence.