1 Avoiding Tire Collapse
The members who crashed or fell seemed to have pressures 50% below the Berto Pressure.  I chose 25% (or keeping the pressure >= 75% of the Berto Pressure) since it provides margin.  I see it as a Lower Limit I do not wan to be below.
2 Supple Tires
Experiment with 10% or 15% below the Berto pressure (or 85% to 90% of it) and see if it improves. You are still above the 25% lower limit.
I feel a supple tire would drop 15% at a pressure of 85% to 90% of the Berto Pressure. The supple tires sound great, but they are not magic.
I think Compass is leery of endorsing any pressure except the Mfg Pressure since they are dealer.  If they say, "just the lower the pressure" and someone does, and then crashes due to a collapsed tire, Compass may have liability problems
Hope this helps