Cecily, I strongly encourage those second thoughts. The Betty is a gorgeous and
discontinued bicycle, and I'm not convinced the standover difference between
that and Clem L is worth swapping for. If you think you can work around your
mounting issues by lowering the bike almost to the ground for mount/dismount,
it would be great if you could keep riding it.

I think most of us developed the habit of swinging high over the bar - or even
saddle - when we were young and spry, and it's hard to rewire our brains to
lower the bike instead. Give it a try!